GSB envisions itself to be one of the leading institutions and a competent provider of education and research endeavors in the region, in business management.
• To produce graduates knowledgeable in management and administration
who have a sense of responsibility, are far sighted, able to think critically
and creatively in challenging environments.
• To generate and disseminate new knowledge of management and administration in this era of globalization, with focus on Asia in particular.
• To produce competent graduates who are able to make use of appropriate and rapidly changing technology.
• To be an international strategic alliance gateway for the exchange of knowledge and expertise in business developments.
• To provide linkages and collaborations between industries and the University.
• To strive towards academic excellence.
The Graduate School of Business (GSB), Assumption University was established in 1985, at the initiative of Rev.Brother Prathip Martin Komolmas, the then President of the university who followed the recommendations of a detailed feasibility study carried out by De La Salle University, Manila.
The GSB started with a modest MBA evening program with 33 students in 1985. In 1992, The GSB launched an MBA day program. In 1997 the GSB started the Master of Management in Organizational Development and Management (MMOD) program focused on the organization and change management. The Master of Business Administration in Tourism Management (MBA.TRM) was integrated into GSB in 2000. At present, GSB manages five master programs and two Doctoral programs which are: MBA program, MM(Organization Development) program, MBA. (Tourism Management) program, MSc (Investment Analysis)program and MBA (Technology Management) Program.The doctoral programs are Ph.D. (Organizational Development and the Ph.D. (Hospitality and Tourism Management). There are more than 1,000 students currently registered in these programs as of May 2015. As for the 30 years of growth, there are more than 12,000students enrolled in GSB and more than 9,000 graduates are in business and management roles in the Thai society and elsewhere in the world.